This week, we learned something called trees and it is something completely new to me. However, I didn't find the concept of trees difficult at all, rather, it was pretty straight forward. I find trees exceptionally cool because unlike the other linear data structures we have learned so far in this course, trees work very differently. With that being said, they certainly have different ways to traverse this data structure which makes it very interesting and intriguing.
As I have stated earlier in the blog, I am not very strong at visualizing recursion off the top of my head. Fortunately, I remembered to draw out the recursions when I was tracing the implementation of trees and it definitely helped me understand it a lot better. This week's learning isn't too bad compared to previous weeks.
Looking back at all the concepts we have learned, I just realized we are focused primarily on data structures. I guess knowing these must be very important either for upper computer science courses or our future job placements (both could work as well).
No comments:
Post a Comment